Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings Empty
PostSubject: Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings   Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Quote :
Although the vote for this week is not verified yet, I'd like to get the discussion going on next week's vote as soon as possible.

The issue is a large procurement, New Government Space or Improved Colony Buildings

New government space would entail the government "nationalizing" at minimum one player owned station, and a handful of surrounding systems. This space would be attached to existing government space by a jump gate.

Improved Colony Buildings would be new flatpacks that have improved stats... take up less space on a colony, faster cycle times, etc.

This issue is a referendum item that all pilots will be able to vote upon. I propose the referendum to run for two days next week, Tuesday to Thursday with the vote for the Councilors on Friday, as per normal.

All thoughts pertaining to the issue are welcome. If you feel strongly for one or the other (either positively or negatively), please let your voice be heard.

Thank You.

From DoM:

Quote :
I wouldn't mind seeing a jump gate in the middle of quad 1, 3 and 4. I know some feel this would mess up the xp hwy's. I do not see that it would. Yes, it could have a small impact on the amount of money station holders down south have but a very small one. If pilots want to level up they can keep doing xp jobs. If pilots are mining and needing to transfer resources or goods then the jump gates would allow quicker movement of said items.

It could also allow quicker response to getting to a remote colony to defend it as well.

This is my view on the subject and hope there are enough that agree with me to persuade the vote in this direction.

From Dirk:

Quote :
There would be a survey done with systems that are available if the vote was to colonize a new system. It does not have to be a currently inhabited system nor does it have to connect to other gov space. It only has to connect to gov space to have a jump gate.

The colony improvements would depend on the amount of money we invested. We could invest funds into a general improvement and see what the devs come back with, all the way up to spending more funds to improve a specific stat on a certain flat pack. There are lots of options this week and will require a lot of input from everyone to make the best choice.

Dirk Prefect

My Thoughts,

I agree with DoM on this. Travel is possible to these remote areas and in some cases access to different regions has improved however I think a small Government travel alternative, even just one more jump gate far from current Gov space, would be a worthwhile investment.

Factions are doing a good job at branching out with stations but we need an option that will be open for all players. A pilot should not have to rely on the actions and follow the policies of other factions to reach beyond Quad Two.

Likewise station owners should be free to do what they wish with their own property, as many pointed out, as long as it does not hinder the galactic routes. Since station lockouts will be implemented to deny docking but allow external refuelling so those are not an issue anymore. However if for example two factions went to war and this conflict involved their stations which provided access to other parts of the galaxy, there would be tremendous pressure and perhaps they would face retaliation for making travel to parts of the galaxy difficult and unsafe.

Should station owners be denied the right to make their own choices and pilots forced to follow the policies of other players because no independent travel alternative is available?
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

PostSubject: Re: Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings   Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Referendum is available in game now. Cast your vote for new gov space or improved colony buildings.
Back to top Go down
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

PostSubject: Re: Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings   Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm

The referendum finished with 80% in favour of colony building improvements, 20% in favour of Government expansion.

I voted in favour of Government expansion but the Council chose colony building improvements.

We then voted to make a 100M general investment in colony building improvements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings   Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Item 6: New Gov Space VS Improved Colony Buildings
Page 1 of 1