Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

First Council Agenda Version 1.2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

First Council Agenda Version 1.2 Empty
PostSubject: First Council Agenda Version 1.2   First Council Agenda Version 1.2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 am

Here is the final version of the First Council Agenda that we are starting off with. There may be room for more items to be squeezed in during this term such as the suggested smuggling jobs.

First Council Agenda - 2nd Amendment

New Ship Technology Choice (Procurement) - The Councilors choose between one of the following inexpensive technologies; Salvage Cranes or Cargo Lockers.

Election Reform (Procedural) - There has been overwhelming support for this issue. I recommend the First Council treat this issue as a referendum item, where we give the electorate three choices to choose amongst. *referendum item*

Government Reforms (Procedural) - Occuring after one procedural and one procurement vote, it will give councilors and pilots a chance to review the performance of all aspects of government, and propose and vote upon changes as determined necessary. Choices to include are fiscal responsiblity and vote of no confidence for the president. It will establish tradition and precedent that will ensure stability for the future.

Investment in Space Stations (Procurement) - Specifically for faction hangars, but I do believe there needs to be more information, if it is a package deal or not along with station controls, etc. I propose that this item also be a referendum item, due to the fact that although it has gotten a lot of support from faction affiliated pilots, I believe a referendum will allow independent pilots to make their voice heard on whether this procurement is worth the time of the Council. I propose it be an up or down vote, for both the referendum and the Councilors' vote. *referendum item*

Housekeeping (Procurement) - A choice between the losing item of the first week's vote (salvage crane vs. cargo pod) and government leaderboards. Both of the first items are popular, but they are two separate budget items.
Minor procedural vote- an up or down vote for the government to waive joining fees paid by Acdmy.

Expand Government or Strengthen Colonies? (Procurement) - One could argue one or the other, whether to create a new small government system, or to stregthen colonists by improving colony buidings. If expanding government is chosen, this week would be the latest it could be voted upon, as we would have to request a listing after the vote. The location would then be chosen in a vote the last week. A referendum will also be posted of the location choices the last week. *referendum item*

New Ship Technology (Procurement) A vote for a more expensive technology, a choice between Jump Inhibitors or Cloaking.

Adjournment and Possible Government Expansion (Procedural & Procurement) - First Council votes yea or nay to adjourn. Not before a new government location is selected if necessary (dependent upon the vote two weeks ago).

This budget will range anywhere from 750 million to 985 million credits, depending upon what is voted upon.
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com

First Council Agenda Version 1.2
Page 1 of 1