Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

Jon's First Council Agenda

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Jon's First Council Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Jon's First Council Agenda   Jon's First Council Agenda I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:18 am

Here is how I am viewing the agenda for the first Council of 60 days:

1. Procedural - Election Reforms
I would like to see the entrance fee at 700K as it would be high enough to discourage non dedicated players that would not give loyal representation but allow any experienced and dedicated player to raise the funds.
I found that in the first election GNN ads favoured the wealthy in its current state. I would like to see the price on these set at 200K, with a maximum of two per candidate.
I think that candidates should be high medium class, MC C1 specifically. We all know its very easy to level up now, just ask some of I-Gangsters players that reached Heavy Class within a month.

2. Procedural - Government Reforms
The Presidency currently only holds the power of choosing which issues are tabled for votes but this single action could become abused. I would like my previous safeguard suggestion ratified, which was for the introduction of confidence motions.
If the President was acting irresponsibly and tabling issues that were not in the best interest of the Galaxy a Councilor may call a confidence motion with the support of another candidate seconding the motion. The five Councilors would then vote on the continued support of the President, three votes would end that Councilor's work act President. The choosing process among the five Councilors would occur again to choose a new President. This is an extreme measure that I can not imagine coming about unless there were dire circumstances but its mere ratification would prevent a dictatorial exploit in the Government system.

For the remainder I will list in no particular order several items I consider important for the First Council then I will be consulting with and leaving my chambers open to discuss with players about what they feel is the best priority to follow. On saturday Mr. President you will have the order of the three most important that my constituents requested:

Procedural - Faction Reforms
I see that a couple factions dominate the rest of the galaxy in the areas of members, territory, resources. Paul instituted some measures to prevent factions from growing too large or expanding too much but I watch closely and most active new players gravitate towards the largest factions and that they continue to see healthy territorial expansion coupled with resource claiming that all threaten to polarize the galaxy and handicap the growth of others, especially future factions. This could stop the growing gap between some of the largest factions and everyone else and begin funneling active and dedicated players into new or smaller factions to create more of a balance in the galaxy.
I would like to see a solid cap put on the total number of members in a faction as well as a solid cap on systems that a faction can be present in. I understand this will negatively affect factions already if implemented. Specifically it would likely impact Dark in the members cap and both Iron and Dark in the territory cap. From my recent inquiries I believe the removal of the grey matter/rusted iron players from these factions would lessen the damage.
If this is something that players feel is important I would like to discuss with Iron, Dark and any others affected by this to find reasonable caps that would have minimum impact on their current state or plans.

Procurement - Space Station Development, Faction Hangers
I would like to know if secure player to player trading is available to also invest in.

Procurement - Jump Gate/Convert System To Government and Place a Station
As stated I would like to have a single new jump gate from current government space to a distance region in the galaxy to give the unestablished an area that is not already highly dominated. We now see that this does not need to cannibalize an existing faction station. Seeing that it will cost quite a bit extra for each system taken over and the fact that the jump gate would already connect to many other government systems, a single new government system at the end of this jump gate would be the most responsible implementation.

Procurement - New Ship Tech, Salvage Crane
Procurement - New Ship Tech, Jump Inhibitors
I believe that together these could add a lot of new depth to general combat, piracy and anti-piracy and especially cooperation combat. I would like Jump Inhibitors to be medium hull specific to breath new life back into the medium ships as well as give developing players an important role even when pairing with a PDN for a battle. This kind of exciting development to combat would go far towards hooking new players and retaining old ones.

There are several other exciting projects but the responsibility of the First Council is to set policies and reforms immediately to established the government on the right foot then focus on high priority projects that will be as universally beneficial as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com

Jon's First Council Agenda
Page 1 of 1