Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's   Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Quote :
This week there will be two simple votes:

Procurement: Cargo Pods vs. Searchable Leaderboards

plus a minor vote:

Waiving application fees for new members in Acdmy.

Any thoughts?

I look forward to reading how players feel about cargo pods versus searchable leaderboards, I am quite open on this topic.

As for waiving the Academy joining fees, it should be a no brainer. I know that their training has been useful to new players and it's graduates have joined a variety of factions. They mentioned that earlier on they used to provide a clipper to Cadets but because of the extra funds required for joining fees they have been unable to keep this practice up.

Reference the Academy issue, I have received a collection of messages that some of the Academy's Graduates posted in their Graduation Forum:

Quote :
Ahh... What a fun time it has been with you guys. But alas, my time left in this faction is shrinking, as I am ever becoming more independent. I'd like to thank all of the instructors who helped and guided me, and all of the great students who helped me along my way. We have many good students here, and I'm perfectly willing to help any academy student-past or current. I see a bright future for the academy, and hope that his faction may one day get it's hands on a station-hey, you never know.

Goodbye all! Upon hitting mca1, I will promptly leave and be my independent self. It has been fun!

Tips for new guys:
Take your time, and don't rush things. I know I may have only been an academy member for a short time, but I wish my stay could have been longer.

By all (this should be the third time i've said this :p)!!!

- Bkarg Gore

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to say thank you to everyone in the academy for getting me started in this great game. Of course, I still have much to learn! Special thanks to Gypsy, who helped me get my first ship, a clipper! The teachers do a great job at what they do. I'll be around, going to hang back a bit, then decide on my faction.

Thanks again!

Zak Zelkova

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodbye Academy! I found this school very helpful and I hope to accomplish alot outside of this faction. I will always remember where I learned how to outfit my first Clipper and how to use all the chat commands.

I hope to see some of the rest of you later in my OE expierience. Thank you so much, teachers, for taking your time and helping us newbs out in the beggining.

Thank you and farewell!

-EVA Destruction

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm leaving a bit early, before graduating, but it's because a small faction, the cops, have offered me a place! I really enjoyed my time here, and I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I did.

- Devilius Bladd

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the hints and tips, hope that the academy continues to grow and florish.

- Frosty Jack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace out, learned alot, good school, see ya in spaaaacccceee!

- Occhty Quazi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a great time here at the Academy learning my way in OE. Many thanks to Gypsy Axe and Aeson Alexandros for being so helpful and for all the information provided on the forums. I've already got my offer for another faction so it's off to Merivia for me!

To all the new pilots, take full advantage of what being in the Academy has to offer, many factions will help you out in one way or another, and I will do the same.

See you again Academy! I'm sure I'll be back to teach what I've learned someday and help all new pilots in the Nyridion Galaxy.

Thanks Academy!

- Captain MDSmith

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have completed more then 4 of the cadet challanges! Also I am very greatful to your alliance. You have helped me so much. Thanks!

- Elite

Arya Astra made a good point on searchable leaderboards:

Quote :
My preference is searchable leaderboards. These will go a long way to helping to track and identify the financiers in the recent plague of piracy engaged by pilots associated with factions.

When a pilot first makes him self known in Nyridion in a battleship blowing up a hauler full of BPs (this happened over the weekend), I find it highly unlikely they worked themselves up to that level in silence unassisted.

As chairperson of the PvParty, I acknowledge that piracy is a valid part of the Nyridion landscape. However, if pilots want to hide behind an established faction and use an associate to terrorize their rivals, it would help if there were better means for tracking their supporters.

As did Saripul:

Quote :
Agreed. Where we used to see piracy, we now see terrorism. Searchable Leaderboards, and for just this reason. Let me unleash some SQL on that, and I'll tell you who's who in the zoo. Frankly, I would call this vote a referendum on piracy and terrorism.

Where do you stand, Nyridion?

Sheik made a good point about the Academy:

Quote :
If anything they should get gov funding, not waived fees. And it would have to be an official training faction set up through OE. If you give funding to academy then you have to offer monies to all factions that offer the same training (ie. Path). The academy was set up by players. Gov has no say in which way it goes.

As it's been said before, government doesn't control how factions run, you can't have it both ways.

If this is passed, faction caps (which I whole-heartedly disagree with) are not far behind.

This should not even be up for a vote. Government has no say in this unless they use it as a training facility, not a faction.

Sheik
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's   Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I voted for searchable leaderboards in support of minimizing the freedom of alt pirates who threaten stability.

The vote concluded with 4-1 in favour of Cargo Pods.
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com

Item 5: Cargo Pods vs Searchable Leaderboards & Waiving the Academy's Joining Fee's
Page 1 of 1