Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

Item 4: Space Station Investment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Item 4: Space Station Investment Empty
PostSubject: Item 4: Space Station Investment   Item 4: Space Station Investment I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Quote :
Last week, we saw a dip in participation in government.

A general malaise is understandable, as to keep constant interest in developing the government can be taxing to even the most committed.

I ask that the Councilors show renewed interest in this week's topic, Investment in Space Stations.

It was an issue during the campaign that all councilors felt strongly about, so I do hope that none will feel the need to abstain this week from discussion and voting.

First, I believe it's best to request that the devs post being clear exactly what such an investment entails, as this will be an up or down (yea or nay) vote for the package, although it should be outlined what we will be spending the 350 million on, considering the First Council's expenditure will only be the first tranche of the necessary 1.2 billion credits needed to complete the investment.

This item will also be a referendum item, due to time constraints, the referendum will be 2 days only running from Tuesday to Thrusday, with the vote on Friday.

Quote :
I've been told the results are 91% for investment, 9% against.

There has been huge player support for this large investment for the Government. We have voted unanimously in favour of investing the first 350M (max. for this term). We confirmed that there will station locks that there will be external fueling from stations. However James Anthony brought up a good suggestion about faction hangers:

Quote :
Stellar,
I think as long as the lock out is complete and you cannot even make the purchase to begin with then the issue is mute.
The concern was if it was possible to purchase from a station then have the front door locked when you went to pick up the goods.

Jon,
I am not opposed to faction hangers, but I believe the concept can be extended to offer a benefit to others besides just factions. A faction hanger with assignment options seems to be a good solution to me. I think people are getting hung up on the name, 'Faction Hanger'. It could just as easily be a 'Depot Hanger' and offer the same function to those who can afford to build it, not just those with a tag after their name.

My suggestion is to develop a 'Depot Hanger' and offer the access choices to be Player Only, Faction Only or Friendlist.
There is no need to give a clear advantage to one group of pilots when the benefits can be shared among many.

And while ship-to-ship trade will be a big boost, don't kid youself, our group of Indys would really benefit from a 'Depot' we all could share.

We received word on this from Paul:

Quote :
They are faction hangars, so more than likely not going to be for groups of players who are not in factions.

However, we are looking at making ship to ship transfers as well.

It is true that the faction hanger issue is but one of the issues tied to the large space station investment but to remain a responsible government we must ensure that concerns are addressed. Thank you Paul for your response. I hope we may obtain more details on this major investment and its items as the Dev's work on them.
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com

Item 4: Space Station Investment
Page 1 of 1