Commonwealth Headquarters
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Welcome to the Commonwealth Headquarters. You are currently a guest. You can continue viewing our forums or register now for free. Registering removes the advertisements!

Thanks,
Commonwealth Leadership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headquarters of the Merivian Commonwealth Factions

Latest imagesMobileHomeRegisterPortalLog inOE Social

Secure transfers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokk Skullcrusher

Rokk Skullcrusher

Secure transfers Empty
PostSubject: Secure transfers   Secure transfers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 am

I hear a lot about faction hangars. To be honest, I think secure ship to ship transfer technology would be more useful. Not only would you be able to transfer securely to faction mates, but you'd also be able to do secure transfers to non-faction members.

The only real advantage I can see to faction hangars, would be to collect mass resources for say, SS manufacturing. But even then, one faction member would still need to make many, many trips back and forth from faction hangar to manu colny.
Back to top Go down
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Secure transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secure transfers   Secure transfers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:36 pm

I strongly support faction hangers as it does have several uses that would leave to more cooperative gameplay.

But I have always wanted secure player trading to be implemeted along side this. I already requested confirmation on whether this option is available as it's not on the budget list and I added to the inquiry in light of the speed which the agenda is being put together.

If the dev's allow it I will ask the other Councilors to add it to the agenda but it may not be an option.
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com
Unfrozen Jon

Unfrozen Jon

Secure transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secure transfers   Secure transfers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Success.

"While the agenda is not perfect, you know effective government is in place when all parties are agreeable but not content. It shows that various interests are being represented, fought for and that a fair balance is in place.

I am very pleased to hear that ship to ship trading is included with faction hangers although access codes come along with it. Because the dev's have recently stated the access codes can be implemented without cutting off fuel access I do not see this as a deal breaker for the station tech that benefits players of all kinds. I will keep an open ear for any whom are still concerned with the issue.

Faction reform, while an issue is outside of the authourity of the Council. On another faction related issue, I have spoken with the Dev's and we may be able to wave the joining fees for new Cadets to the Academy. Dirk, myself and several others have been paying the Academys joining fees to ensure any new players seeking training and guidance in OE receive it. I was approached by an instructor when they read about the procedural reforms and they say donations are becoming a slowdown for the instructors time and also runs the risk of requiring favouritism in exchange for donations. I did inquire if they were doing any inactivity tracking and are not simply letting the Academy pile up but they assured me that they are doing that although giving a longer grace period than most factions would to avoid losing new players that may be busy.

An efficiently running training center that has been benefitting the newer pilots is a must. I propose we add this to the Agenda as procedural and try to lump it into house keeping."
Back to top Go down
https://oemerivia.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Secure transfers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secure transfers   Secure transfers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secure transfers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Commonwealth Headquarters :: Public News Area :: Galactic Government :: Councilor Unfrozen Jon-
Jump to: